The novel coronavirus has forced people across the world to stay inside and maintain social distancing. All of us are adjusting our behaviors, developing new skills, and using the latest technologies to deal with lockdowns and social distancing. COVID-19 is pushing businesses and companies to operate in new ways. Some businesses and individuals who have never worked remotely earlier are trying to speed up rapidly to build resilience and adjust to the new world.
The coronavirus outbreak is undoubtedly a tragedy for people, businesses, and the world economy. Fortunately, if there is any silver lining with this terrible pandemic it is that the tools we need amid such a situation already exist. Thanks to technological advancements, we have everything we need to work and live in the COVID-19 outbreak, starting from chat apps, web conferencing tools, remote assistance, database sharing, document management, project management to online event management software.
5G Technology for Remote Interactions
5G technology is coming just at the right time. With the growing need for remote interactions amid the coronavirus pandemic, people are relying on the high-speed Internet connection. 5G technology makes mobile and Internet communications much, much faster, which will potentially accelerate its adoption in the long-term.
A report released by ASD Reports shows that the global 5G market is expected to grow at a rate of 77.40% from 2020 to 2028. By the end of 2024, it is projected that there will be 1.5 billion 5G mobile subscriptions.
Existing 4G LTE network technologies deliver a speed of around 12.5 MB/s (megabytes per second) but 5G technology is expected to be faster with a speed of up to 2.5 GB/s (gigabytes per second). Plus, 5G provides faster network connectivity for millions of devices, creating an incredibly reliable and high-performance connection for home and office devices required for operating remotely.
• 5G network will bring increased accessibility: With ultra-fast wireless capabilities, you can work remotely from any location.
• 5G technology is meant to increase functionality: With increased speed and bandwidth of 5G, you can not only do your remote work but also virtual work, such as inspecting a factory using virtual reality and augmented reality.
• 5G connectivity will increase productivity: With a slow Internet connection, people operating remotely have to wait for files to upload, virtual meetings to launch, and search results to display. With 5G connections, businesses and individuals can stay productive no matter where they work.
Embracing the Benefits of Working Remotely
As much as we complain about being stuck at home, employees and businesses are going to discover that there are benefits of working remotely.
1. Less time spent on commuting: Whether it’s an hour-long train ride or a 30-minute car drive, employees will never arrive fresh at their desks. When they don’t have to spend time on the commute, it increases their productivity and reduces absenteeism because workers get to save both time and money on their daily commute while operating remotely.
2. Happy and Satisfied Employees: By having the flexibility to work from any location, employees get to spend more time with their family. They get to maintain a healthy work-life balance. As a result, they feel happier and you get satisfied workers, who are productive and stay longer with your company.
3. Less Stress: Workplace stress is a big problem for employees nowadays. People working remotely are much less stressed and happier than office workers.
4. Higher Productivity: 91% of remote workers feel that they are more productive than working in an office setting. They feel less stressed and distracted and can focus more on their work.
While the benefits of teleworking are immediately clear for employees, the advantages for employers are more than they can think of. Here they are:
1. Save Operating Costs: Office space is expensive. The costs of running an office include rental charges, electricity bills, maintenance staff salary, and much more. By going remote, you save all these expenses and will also make your employees happy.
2. Save on Salaries: Research has shown that 36% of employees would choose the ability to work from home over an increase in their paycheck. Some job seekers even consider a lower hike on their current salaries if companies provide remote work facilities.
3. Access to a Wider Talent Pool: Younger employees look for workplace flexibility when searching for a new role. You can attract and retain highly skilled employees by giving them the ability to work remotely.
Increased Adoption of Business Tech
Soon hopefully, we will come out of this pandemic and we will be getting back to work. But this crisis will fundamentally change the way we work and engage. And when we do go back to life as normal, it’s not going to be as normal as it was. Employees and businesses, individuals and companies are not going to give up all the advantages of being able to operate remotely.
Adopting remote work policies reduce the risk of exposure to the disease. With the right set of tools and technologies, companies/teams/individuals can work from anywhere with 100% efficiency and productivity.
Zoho provides those tools and applications, in fact an entire ecosystem, that you require for operating remotely.
Zoho Remotely Software Suite
Zoho Remotely provides you a complete suite of web and mobile applications that you need to communicate, meet, manage, collaborate, stay productive and more.
Use Zoho Cliq to streamline your team communication. It’s Zoho version of Slack.
With Zoho Meetings, you can conduct face to face meetings on the screen via video or audio calls and share screen.
Zoho’s ShowTime is ideal for online events such as training webinars and large distributed meetings.
Zoho Project enables better collaboration on projects between remote teams. If you follow agile principles, use Zoho Sprints for creating customized scrum boards and managing projects.
Zoho Office is their answer to Microsoft Office. With Zoho’s Office suite, you can create, share and edit word processor files, spreadsheets, slides, and other types of documents.
Zoho’s remote assistance tools help you keep your customers happy and satisfied as you can securely resolve their support requests. Provide assistance from your location to any location using Zoho Assist. Go high-tech with AR-based remote support software – Zoho Lens.
Remote-Ready Zoho CRM
Do not let your sales numbers dip when operating remotely with the world’s favorite CRM – Zoho CRM. You don’t have to worry about infrastructure, servers, and upgrades. If you have an Internet connection, you can get started with Zoho CRM with just a few clicks.
Zoho CRM’s ease of use, features, capabilities, and affordability make it the best choice for your remote sales and marketing teams. Here are some more reasons why your remote salespeople will benefit from remote-ready Zoho CRM.
• When it comes to converting potential customers, your sales teams can conduct online presentations, webinars, or meetings with them right from their CRM.
• They won’t have to spend money or time to dial and talk to prospects. They can directly click the call icon in the CRM to start a call. They can even set call reminders and create automatic call logging.
• Salespeople can collaborate with other teams through on-demand videos or audio calls to discuss strategies, issues, and share information. Zoho CRM comes with the free integration of Zoho Cliq that makes working with a remote team easier for your sales personnel, managers, and everyone.
• The productivity of sales teams depends on how many leads they bring and convert them. To make sure your remote team is not lacking behind in productivity, Zoho CRM comes integrated with SalesSignals that alerts your team when someone visits your website, opens an email, or talks about your brand on social media. Zoho CRM also features SalesInbox tool that organizes all emails into columns the way you want.
• Your remote sales reps and managers won’t stay behind when they can track their performance with Zoho CRM Analytics.
• Zoho CRM’s mobile app makes it easy for salespeople to access their data from anywhere, at any time, helping them stay productive no matter where they are located.
If you are a big enterprise, you need a comprehensive and customizable platform to run your entire business. Zoho provides an operating system for your business. With 40+ integrated applications in Zoho One, you can run your entire business remotely.
Why do we call it the Operating System for Business? Because Zoho One’s bundle features web and mobile apps for all functions in your company, from sales, marketing, accounting, operations, HR, tech support, and everything in between. These applications even come with advance artificial intelligence built-in.
The world is moving to Zoho for very good reasons: No other single software firm offers the diversity of solutions. The value of Zoho is unbeatable. Working remotely is not an option any longer!
How First Direct Corp Can Help You Move Ahead with Zoho
First Direct Corporation is a fully Authorized Zoho Partner. With 25+ years of experience in the CRM business, we can help you turn Zoho software into an operating system for your business. If you need to implement Zoho, we can help you accelerate your deployment and achieve greater results.
Call our Zoho experts at (845) 221-3800 or contact us online.